Before Task Modal
The Before Task Modal allow users to decide if they want to go through a specific experience that has been designed to aid them in understanding how a particular feature/workflow/process works. The purpose of this experience is to teach the user an overview of the task/flow they are about to begin.
When to Use
The Before Task Modal displays a modal dialog prior to a user starting a new flow for the first time. It interrupts them during first use of a feature/task to expose them to a dedicated FTU experience.
The modal can act as a fork in the road for a user that is exploring the product or launch a guided tour of the process they are looking at. The illustration gives the user an overview of the process before they jump in.
- Because this is an interruptive experience, use sparingly.
- Use a modal when the user enters a flow
- Allow for the user to opt out of the experience if they choose to
- Allow the user to dismiss and be reminded to do it at a later time.
- Only used when there is a specifically designed experience for the user to engage in other than the normal ongoing use.