QuickBooks turns timely and personalized recommendations into tools that I love and couldn’t run my business without.
We make unbiased, personalized recommendations
- We recommend the best solution for you, regardless of who created it.
- We use data we have to make recommendations that feel tailored to your business needs.
- We learn about the user over time and adapt our recommendations as your business changes.
We’re teachers first
- You trust us as the experts. Our recommendations are learning opportunities, not sales pitches.
- We provide you with unexpected tips and advice that make your life better, even when they don’t make us extra money.
- We’re by your side, guiding you through the process, and cheering you on as you make progress.
We blend right into your life
- We use the visual language system of the product and never appear as a sales-y banner ad or awkwardly shimmed 3rd party.
- Our timing is impeccable. We’re there when you need us and back off when you don’t.
- We surprise and delight you with thoughtful tips that feel consistent, but not overly predictable.
What it is: An essential part of the Harmony ecosystem; a source of delight, insight and discovery; a feature that empowers customers to learn new things and succeed.
What it isn’t: A sales platform in the Harmony ecosystem; a source of annoyance and frustration; something that inspires feelings of exasperation, resentment or irritation.
First Use Framework
Seal the deal
|Expose the user to a tailored recommended solution based on what we know.||Help the user understand what’s at stake, how it works, and what’re the benefits.||Guide the user through entering data, configuring settings or customizing a feature.||Ensure the user feels the value of the benefit by using the feature for the first time.||Help the user choose a plan based on what we know about them.|
IPD Landing Pages display benefits, pricing and other marketing content that will help users make a choice about a specific offering. They can have multiple calls to action (request live demo, sign up, watch video) and can be used for rapid testing. Using a subset of additional marketing-style components, teams have the flexibility to create various design layouts to meet their needs.
The IPD Landing Page is a full-width layer that sits on top of the main application content, like a Trowser, but doesn’t have a sticky footer.
IPD Access Points are messages inside the product that alert users to new or relevant offers. IPD Access Points should feel like integrated parts of the UI, not like banners or advertisements.
The Task List is a module on the dashboard that shows when a customer has one or more tasks to complete. It displays a list of actionable task messages paired with links that provide direct access to the particular transaction, page or form referenced in the task. If the task has a due date, the due date or number of days overdue shows to the right of the task. Tasks can be dismissible by the user, or set to be not dismissible.
The Task List is up front and center on the dashboard, so it’s crucial that messages in the task list are accurate, timely and clear. If a user completes a task, it should auto-dismiss and no longer display in the list. Incorrect messages in the task list can cause unnecessary stress and confusion to customers. The task list is not a place for recommendations or sales messaging.
Videos and video tutorials play an integral role in how customers learn about our products. They provide an engaging way to discover features and learn how to accomplish unfamiliar workflows.
Video Links launch the Video Player. The Video Player is a web-only component that allows users to watch videos in a resizable player that does not block the screen behind it. It opens on click of any video link in product or on a marketing page. The Video Player is also available on the Harmony UI Component Gallery.